Click on a picture to
view a larger image.

The first picture shows the mystery piece in its location.  It is the bungee attachment point for my parking brake.  I have drilled a hole in the brake handle and made a bungee that reaches back to here.  It was installed after the first engine start and it holds the plane in place nicely. A subsequent engine start to finish the tuning process was followed by an engine start with no chocks and the parking brake engaged. It held well. I then did a small taxi test on the ramp between the hangers.

I also finished installing the southco’s in the cowling. The last two pictures show the final rivets being installed.  The aft bottom skin is now on.  Kathy came out the day before I did this and helped me cleco the skin on and then held the screwdriver outside of the plane while I tightened the nuts from the inside.