Click on thumbnail to
view a larger image.

And the first picture shows the engine back on the rebuild stand and the new strengthened base.  There is also an additional piece of wood under the table as well as the doubled 2x4 under the lip.  It is very solid. The four bolts nearest the camera all go through 2.25 inches of oak and .75 inches of plywood.

While waiting for the new head I got started on making up some of the pieces of the cooling baffles.  This first pictures shows two small bends I had to add to the pre cut pieces.

      I got the new head and it was time to take off the old one.  These two pictures show the old head and the cut and uncut studs. And the last picture shows the head off.  I wasn't supposed to see the pistons again!