Click on thumbnail
Catching up with last week’s progress. I cut out the hole for the landing light.
In the first two pictures, I have rough cut the entire hole but have taken a first stab at rounding out the corners on the top and getting the lines straight.
I still have to round out the corners on the bottom. The first picture below shows how the top looked after the rough cut. After the corners were rounded, I came back around all the edges and got everything out to the cut lines to the final shape.
I did the rough cut with a Dremel abrasive cutoff wheel and all the rounding and final sizing with various files by hand.
The last picture is the finished hole after scotchbtiting.