The work on the Ailerons continues.  I’m still making the counterbalances.

I started drilling the lead. It is a strange material.  I had no problems but it went real slowly.  I first drilled using a #40 bit, then updrilled in two steps with a #30 and then the final size of 3/16th”.

I pecked drilled and applied some machine oil before every series of about 3 plunges.  12 to 15 plunges per hole per bit.  Since I had to reposition and reclamp for each hole, I did all three bit changes in a row for each hole.

      It all worked out great and I got really nice holes. The bolts slide in with just a little pressure and are real snug.  These two pictures are just before final updrilling for rivets and disassembly.