Click on picture
to view larger image.

Back to real work.

I took the pieces off the spars and got back to work.  I updrilled all the holes in the gussets and ribs to final size.  I also marked each rib and gusset for it’s location.  As future holes get drilled the pieces will no longer be interchangeable and will have to stay together and attach to the spars at the correct location. The first picture shows all the ribs for the left wing.  I also got all the ribs for the right wing to the same stage.

      I then was able to proceed to riveting the first four ribs and gussets.  I also final fitted all the ribs and filed as needed for the modified ribs to clear the spar caps.