Click on thumbnail
to view larger image

During inspection of the spars today I found a small number of rivets that I decided to replace.  Since I used the rivet gun, I took some better pictures of just the back rivet set.

      After installing the replacement rivets, I took out a couple of small dings in both spars that had accumulated during all the riveting and bolting.

      Then is was on to mating the spars.  The first picture is the start of the process.  I updrilled the three holes the clecos were in to 1/4" and bolted the spars together.  The second picture is my version of the standard Sonex picture you see on all the builder sites. Feels very sturdy.

      I did have some problems updrilling the attach blocks but got them finished up OK as well.  Time to work on ribs!