Click on a picture to
view a larger image.

With all the hinges fitted.  I brought the left cowl half out to Dave’s hanger/shop and he gave me a lesson in fiberglass.  We made up some fill material and first filled the holes. The plan was that he would then reinforce the edges with some new glass and return the cowl half in a few days when he was scheduled to be downtown.  While the fill material dried, we went flying.  It was a great day and we flew his Lancair around north central Illinois.  It was a great treat.

He brought back the cowl and you can see the reworked edges of the cowl in the last two pictures.